Touch Pro 2 – Programming Instructions
You can use these programming instructions intended for the HTC Touch Pro2. You can find the number required in your welcome email or on your online account.
To program your device using hands-free programming, perform the following steps:
- Press and hold the Power button to turn on the device.
- Follow the onscreen instructions for calibrating the screen. Tap the screen when calibration is complete. The device will be programmed automatically. When programming is complete, the following message will be displayed: Your device has been activated and will be restarted to apply the change.
NOTE: If first-time programming fails, go to One-Touch programming.
To program your device using One-Touch programming, perform the following steps:
- If hands-free activation failed and the error code is still displayed, tap OK.
- Tap Start.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap All Settings.
- On the System tab, scroll down and tap Update Profile.
- If a message appears indicating that the device cannot connect, tap Dismiss. The device will begin programming.
NOTE: While the device is programming, do not hold down the End key because this will interrupt the process. If the screen goes into sleep mode, you may tap the screen to wake it up.
- Once programming is complete, you may press the End key to return to the Today screen. Make a test call to ensure that the device was successfully programmed.
NOTE: If first-time programming fails, go to Manual programming.
To manually program your device, perform the following steps:
- Press the Send key to bring up the dial pad.
- Enter ## MSL #.
(For example, if the six-digit code is 123456, you would enter ##123456#. NOTE: The last # entered will not appear on the screen.)
- On the EPST screen, tap Edit.
- Tap MDN to select it, tap Menu, and then tap Edit.
- In the Value text box, enter your 10-digit MDN, and then tap OK.
- Tap MSID to select it, tap Menu, and then tap Edit.
- In the Value text box, enter your 10-digit MSID, and then tap OK.
- Tap Menu, and then tap OK.
- In the dialog box that appears, tap Yes.
- In the next dialog box that appears, tap OK. After the device power cycles, make a call to ensure that programming was successful.